Configuration and Performance Audit
In-depth application knowledge!
Addovation can perform such a health check based on in-depth application knowledge. Independent health checks will seldom have this advantage.
The health check covers these areas:
- Server configuration, for example hardware and OS
- Server performance, for example CPU and memory utilization
- Database configuration, for instance parameters
- Database performance , for instance heavy SQLs, waits
- Application configuration, for instance parameters, queues, archival
- User experiences: Top 5 slow functions prioritized by the customer
Addovation offers the service Configuration and Performance Audit of IFS Applications. This is a comprehensive health check of an IFS installation.
The main focus is on the database and the application, were we look at both configuration and performance. The application server may also be included.
There are many reasons why such a health check can offer value, for instance:
- The data volume has grown significantly.
- New components have been installed.
- The pattern of usage has changed.
- The infrastructure (servers) has changed.
- The application will soon be upgraded.
- The application has recently been upgraded.
- The Oracle database has been upgraded.
The health check aims at revealing any existing or possible future problem areas, but will also document areas that are OK.
Once we have done the health check, is it documented in a report with a a summary that gives an overall status or impression of the system, and a preliminary plan for implementing or follow-up of recommended actions. The recommendation can be very concrete like changing a parameter value, but we may also conclude that a more thorough analysis is necessary. The report also contains a detailed, technical walk-through of all parts of the analysis.
Contact us for more information about the Health Check!